Thank you for being part of this year’s Miles for Moffitt! Friends like you are the heart and soul of this great event. We know you understand that today’s victories over cancer are due to past research breakthroughs, and that the advances we make in research today will be saving lives tomorrow.
Our research depends on funding, and your efforts through Miles for Moffitt can make a big difference! Here are some tips and ideas we’ve put together to help make your fundraising efforts easier and more effective. Check back often as we will continue to post ideas and tools to help you stay on track with your fundraising goals. Your determination to beat cancer is an inspiration to everyone here at Moffitt Cancer Center and we are excited to have you on our team!
Double your gifts!
Corporate gift matching is a simple and easy way to multiply the impact of your donation to further the cancer research at Moffitt Cancer Center.
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees. Please share this with your team and donors, and ask them to contact their human resources department to see if their gift can be matched.
Share on social media!
Check out our Social Media Toolkit here. Share photos and videos, and update your profile picture or cover photo to let everyone know you are participating in this year’s Miles for Moffitt!
Host an event!
- Give back nights at local restaurants: Many local restaurants offer “proceeds nights” where teams promote the event and invite friends, family and colleagues to join for a dinner out. A portion of the proceeds is donated back to your personal fundraising for Miles for Moffitt.
- Happy hour with friends or colleagues!
- Theme party and dinner: Maybe you like The Great Gatsby or are a fan of all things ’80s. Hold a theme party for 10 (or more) of your friends. Ask each person for $50 to attend. Spend no more than $20 per person on the food, and you’ll have $300 or more by the end of the night.
- Share your talents and charge an entrance fee: Do you know how to paint or cook up a storm?
- Have a bowl-a-thon with teams at the local bowling alley.
- Ask your gym or favorite yoga instructor to have a class and donate the entrance fee.
- Have a knack for selling? Have a garage sale. Ask friends to donate items they no longer need to make the sale even bigger, or host a team garage sale. Maybe you like eBay instead and have some gems that could be auctioned off.
- Like board games? Have a game night with friends and family.
- Ask local pubs to participate in a pub-crawl, and invite locals to join the event to raise money for your team along the way.
- Have a friend who sells cookware or jewelry? Ask them to host an event and donate sales back to your cause.
- Own your own company? Add your personal fundraising page link to your email signature. Ask your employees to make a donation for casual dress Fridays or to work a half day.
- Host a movie night: Have your friends make a donation to join, rent a big screen and pop some popcorn!
Have a birthday coming up? Or even for the holidays?
Ask friends and family to donate to your personal page or team page — each dollar counts!
Add your personal fundraising page link to your personal email account signature.
Let people know why you are participating in Miles for Moffitt, and update your fundraising page to make it more personal.
Participate in a daily indulgence drop.
Do you stop for a latte every morning on the way to work or hit happy hour a few times a week? There could be a few indulgences in your day-to-day life you could live without for a few days. Set a period of time and have that money go to your personal fundraising or team fundraising. Just think: If someone spends $5 a day on coffee each workday and donates that for a week, it would be $25. In a month it adds up to $100.